Nigerian Visa: Get Nigerian Visa In USA
Nigeria is located in the African continent, and is usually referred to as ‘The Giant of Africa’ due to her numerous population and exploits. The country can boast about having over 190 million people of several ethnic groups and cultures living in its several states.
Additionally, Nigeria is a country blessed immensely with tons of natural landmarks and resources. There is the Zuma Rock in Abuja, the country has crude oil, has diverse gemstones, and so on. As a result of Nigeria’s economic importance, many people always desire going to the West African nation fo several reasons. Nigeria is pretty influential in different ways, a very popular country that gets attention here and there. You can read on Travel Tips and secrets to booking cheap flights
As an American with the desire to travel to Nigeria, this article will help you deal with all it takes to get to the country with a Nigerian visa.
Types of Nigerian Visa
First, let us talk about the various types of Nigerian visa out there, and so, you should know the one you need to apply for.
- Transit Visa
You can get the transit visa settled and ready between 2-3 working days. With this visa, you are only permitted to stay in the country between 8 hrs – 7 days
- Business Visa
You can get the business visa between 2-3 working days. With it, you can stay in Nigeria for up to 90 days
- Tourist Visa
You can get a tourist visa between 2-3 working days, and you can explore Nigeria with it for up to 90 days.
- Temporary Work Permit
You can get it processed in less than 3 days. With this visa, you can stay in Nigeria for up to 90 days
- Subject to Regularization Visa
The visa is processed and set for collection in less than 8 days. You are allowed to stay with the visa for 90 days.
- Diplomatic Visa
You get this visa between 2-3 working days, and you are allowed to stay in the country for up to 90 days with it.
It should be noted that for Transit visas, where you get the visa determines how long you can stay within the country. If you get it at the Nigerian Mission, you can stay in the country for up to 7 says. But if it is obtained upon arrival, then you would only be allowed 48 hours in Nigeria.
General Requirements For A Nigerian Visa
Here are the things you need to get a Nigerian visa from the United States of America.
- – A Passport that is valid for not less than 6 months with at least 2 blank visa pages for endorsement.
- – You will need two (2) recent passport-sized (35/40mm) photograph.
- – You must have a Confirmed ticket.
- – You must present evidence of sufficient funds.
Nigerian Visa Types And Their Specific Requirements
Nigerian Transit Visa
We should add that this visa is available for all citizens of all countries of the world. However, ECOWAS Nationals don’t need a visa to enter Nigeria (as well as other countries which Nigeria has entered into visa abolition agreements with).
The Nigerian Transit Visa is basically for foreign travelers intending to enter the country for an onward destination outside Nigeria.
Requirements For A Nigerian Transit Visa
- – You must have a passport valid for not less than 6 months with at least 2 blank visa pages for endorsement.
- – You are expected to come with two (2) recent passport-sized (35/40mm) photograph.
- – You should have confirmed ticket of connecting flight within 48hrs.
- – Evidence of sufficient funds.
Nigerian Business Visa
This visa is yours to get if you intend traveling to Nigeria for the purpose of Meeting, Conference, Seminar, Contract Negotiation, Marketing, Sales, Purchase distribution of Nigerian Goods, Trade Fairs, Job Interviews, Training of Nigerians (Humanitarian Services), Emergency/Relief work, Crew members, Staff of NGOs, Staff of INGOs, Researchers, Musical Concerts, and it is valid for a non-extendable 90 days
Requirements For Nigerian Business Visa
- – You must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months with at least 2 blank visa pages for endorsement.
- – You should have two (2) recent passport-sized (35/40mm) photograph.
- – You should have a return ticket.
- – You must present an evidence of Hotel Reservation/host address in Nigeria.
- – You should display evidence of sufficient funds.
Nigerian Tourist Visa
You can get this if you desire traveling to Nigeria for the purpose of Tourism, or if you want to get there to visit family and friends in the Country. It is also valid for 90 days.
Requirements For Nigerian Tourist Visa
- – Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months with at least 2 blank visa pages for endorsement.
- – You must have a valid return ticket.
- – You must have evidence of Hotel Reservation.
- – You must have an evidence of sufficient funds.
Temporary Work Permit (TWP)
Before you can go for this, you must have been invited by a corporate body to provide specialized skilled services. This can be after-sales Installation /Commissioning/ Upgrading/Maintenance/Repairs of equipment and machinery, Training /capacity building for Nigerian staff, Audit of machinery/ equipment and financial records.
This permit is valid for 90 days, and you must be invited for an interview first.
Requirements For Getting A Temporary Work Permit (TWP)
- – You should have a visa approval Letter (pre-approved visa letter) valid for 90 days from the date of issuance
- – You should have a passport with 6 months validity and at least 2 blank pages for visa endorsement
- – You are to present 2 passport sized photographs (35/40mm) on a white background taken within the last 6 months.
- – Duly completed Visa Form IMM22
- – You should submit evidence of payment of Visa fee
This visa is actually a very special one meant for some special category of persons. It is for visiting Heads of States and their families, Top officials of Government and their families, Accredited Diplomats and their families, and Holders of United Nations / International Agencies Diplomatic Passport and Laisser Passez.
It is valid for 90 days.
Requirements For Getting A Diplomatic Visa
- – Such must be with a diplomatic, Official or Standard (for dependents of Diplomats) passports valid for not less than six (6) months with at least two blank visa pages for endorsement.
- – They must present two (2) recent passport-sized (35/40mm) photograph
As we conclude, there are some important things that should be noted. First, for those asking How much do Nigerian Visas cost, it should be noted that visa fees vary. So, you have to check with the Nigerian embassy in the United States to get a genuine information about Nigerian Visa Fees. Additionally, you should know that the visa can be obtained online, or by sending a visa form request letter to the visa section of the Nigerian embassy (you can also call the Nigerian embassy request phone line).
To schedule a Nigerian visa appointment, you should do this online. It is advisable that you take this step at least 8 weeks before the prospective travel date. Once the necessary information is submitted online while scheduling an appointment, you would receive the due notification as soon as possible (that will get you informed about the travel date).
When an appointment has been scheduled online, you should print out the confirmation page. This is very necessary, as it shows proof of a scheduled appointment.
For those interested in knowing how to submit a Nigerian Visa application form, you should take the step of submitting the Nigerian Visa application form online, and have it in mind that you are to attend your appointment to submit your biometric information.
Now, after doing all these, the next question is : “How Long Does It Take To Get A Nigerian Visa?” Well, when applying for a Nigerian visa, you should know that processing time and fees are very dependent on the visa class. Nevertheless, the general processing time for a Nigerian visa is 3-5 working days.
However, one can also get a Nigerian Visa on arrival. The Nigerian Visa on Arrival is actually issued at the port of entry in the country. But it must be added that this is only available to frequently travel high Net worth Investors as well as intending visitors who may not be able to obtain the visa at the Nigerian Missions/Embassies in their countries of residence due to the absence of a Nigerian mission in those places.
Nigeria is a beautiful country with nice people and a big economy you can invest in. So, you can visit the country for different reasons – tourism purpose, business purpose, religious purpose, and so on. Ensure you don’t stay beyond the stipulated duration in your visa, as it might affect your chances of visiting the country some other time.
[tp_hotels_selections_discount_shortcodes city=”590″ title=”” paginate=true off_title=false type_selections=”tophotels” number_results=”20″ subid=”” city_label=”” type_selections_label=”Top hotels” link_without_dates=false]